WWF Seagrass Glass 2022 Giveaway Terms
- Your personal data will be held by Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited (the "Promoter") and used only for the purpose of administering the promotion and publicising the winners in accordance with the terms and conditions relating to the promotion (“Terms and Conditions”). The Terms and Conditions are the legal basis for the Promoter's processing. If you do not provide your personal data, the Promoter cannot process your entry, enter you into the promotion or notify you if you are successful in accordance with its obligations under the Terms and Conditions.
- If you win a prize, then the Promoter will make your name and county available, as a winner, on the Promoter's website and/or to people requesting that information in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, in line with the Promoter's responsibilities under the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct & Promotional Marketing. If you do not want your name made available, please inform us using the contact details in paragraph 5.
- If you are not successful in winning a prize, the Promoter will delete your personal data promptly after the prizes have been awarded and distributed. If you are successful, then the Promoter will not keep your personal data for any longer than it needs to, either to comply with the law or to fulfil its obligations to you and other third parties. To find out more, you can contact the Promoter using the contact details set out below in paragraph 16 of the Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter will not disclose or share your personal data with any third party other than those who are engaged by the Promoter to administer the competition and fulfil the prizes. Your personal data may be sent to countries outside of the European Economic Area where the Promoter's (or its third parties') processing equipment is located in another country or where fulfilment of the prize happens in another country, but the Promoter will ensure that any transfer happens in accordance with applicable law.
- Entrants and winners have various rights regarding their personal data which the Promoter holds about them:
- a right to request a copy of that data;
- a right to require that the Promoter erases your data (but note that this will automatically remove your entry from the promotion and, if you are a winner, will mean that you cannot receive or take up the prize);
- a right to amend your data; and
- the right to ask us to port (transfer) your data directly to you or another organisation.
To exercise any of these rights, please email [email protected]. You will need to make your request in writing, specifying the action that you want the Promoter to take and enclose proof of your identity.
- If you believe that the Promoter is not treating your personal data in accordance with the law, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. You can find more details at their website https://ico.org.uk/.
Terms and Conditions
- This promotion is open to all persons aged 18 or over and resident in the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and Scotland), other than employees, and their immediate families, of Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited, their associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
How to Enter
- You will require internet access and an Instagram, Twitter or Facebook account to enter the promotion.
(a) To enter using Instagram, prior to the Closing Date you must respond to the competition post posted on the @CarlsbergUK Instagram account on 23rd February 2022 by liking and commenting on that post with your favourite marine animal emoji and mentioning a friend with a valid Instagram account (who is above the legal drinking age in their country of residence). You must also follow the @CarlsbergUK Instagram account.
(b) To enter using Twitter, prior to the Closing Date you must respond to the competition tweet posted on the @CarlsbergUK Twitter feed on 23rd February 2022 by liking and replying to that tweet, including your favourite marine animal emoji and mentioning a friend with a valid Twitter account (who is above the legal drinking age in their country of residence). You must also follow the @CarlsbergUK Twitter account.
(c) To enter using Facebook, prior to the Closing Date you must respond to the competition post posted on the Carlsberg UK Facebook feed on 23rd February 2022 by liking and commenting on that post with your favourite marine animal emoji. You must also follow the Carlsberg UK Facebook page.
- Each response submitted in accordance with paragraphs 3(a) to (c) is equal to one entry. Entries are unlimited for the duration of this promotion, provided that (in the case of entries made using Instagram or Twitter) each entry mentions a separate and valid Instagram or Twitter account. Multiple entries which mention the same account will be invalid.
- Any additional instructions provided at the point of entry or in the competition post form part of the terms and conditions of this promotion. In the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
- The promotion starts at 12:00pm on 23rd February 2022. All entries must be received by the Promoter before the promotion closes at 11:59pm on 2nd March 2022 (Closing Date). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted or not received by the Closing Date for any reason. Proof of sending shall not be deemed to be proof of receipt.
- Replies or comments made on the competition post must only feature a marine animal emoji and (in the case of entries made using Instagram or Twitter only) mention a friend in accordance with paragraph 3(a) and 3(b). Replies or comments must not feature:
(a) or mention/tag any of the entrant’s social media contacts who are under the legal drinking age in their country of residence;
(b) images of anyone under (or who appears to be under) the age of 25;
(c) third party brands or trademarks;
(d) rude or offensive words or connotations or language which, the in the opinion of the Promoter is abusive, defamatory, profane or otherwise offensive or inappropriate;
(e) the portrayal or suggestion of immoderate or irresponsible drinking or daring or antisocial behaviour;
(g) anything which may breach any legal or code requirement which the Promoter is required to comply with; or
(h) anything which may damage the Promoter’s or WWF’s reputation.
- If any comments are made by entrants which, in the reasonable opinion and sole discretion of the Promoter, are deemed to contravene Paragraph 7, this will result in the entry to which they relate being ineligible for entry into this promotion. The Promoter has sole discretion as to whether a comment contravenes Paragraph 7 and whether entrance to the promotion is accepted.
- Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
- There are 10 prizes available each consisting of one Carlsberg/WWF “Ocean Wildlife” pint glass.
- Unless otherwise stated, any expenses incurred by the winner in the general use and/or enjoyment of the prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of at least equal value if circumstances make this necessary.
- In order to claim a prize, winners must provide a valid address for delivery to the Promoter upon request. The prize will be dispatched to the winners by Royal Mail to the address provided to the Promoter within seven days of the Closing Date. If delivery of the prize is declined or cannot be completed using reasonable efforts, or the winner otherwise cannot take up the prize or does not claim the prize within 28 days of notification from the Promoter that they have won, the prize will be forfeited and a replacement winner may be drawn at the Promoter’s sole discretion. The Promoter will not be responsible for any inability of a winner to take up the prize.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash or other alternative will be offered.
Selection of Winner
- The winners will be the first ten entries drawn at random from all eligible entries by a computer process that produces verifiably random results after the Closing Date. Winners will be notified within 48 hours of the Closing Date that they have won by direct message on the social media platform they used to enter the promotion. Entrants are responsible for ensuring their social media account will accept direct messages from third parties so that the Promoter can correspond with them in connection with the promotion.
- To obtain the name and county of the winner, please send an email to [email protected] within three months of the Closing Date.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and by entering this promotion you hereby release Facebook, Instagram and Twitter from any liability in respect of this promotion.
- You must not re-post, forward or otherwise share Instagram, Twitter or Facebook messages or posts relating to this promotion with any of your Instagram, Twitter or Facebook contacts who are under the legal drinking age in the intended recipient’s country of residence.
- The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and / or revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving prior notice and, by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to the amended terms.
- The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these terms and conditions or if it has any reason to believe that efforts have been made to distort the competitive process or spirit of the promotion. The Promoter’s decision as to any aspect of this promotion is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited (Co Reg No 78439), Marston’s House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton WV1 4JT
Please drink responsibly.