Surprise and Delight
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions – Surprise and Delight Promotion
1. Your personal data (and, if you win a travel, experience or ticket prize for more than one person, the personal data of your guests) will be held by Carlsberg UK Limited (the "Promoter") and used only for the purpose of administering the promotion and publicising the winners in accordance with the terms and conditions relating to the promotion (“Terms and Conditions”). The Terms and Conditions are the legal basis for the Promoter's processing. If you do not provide your personal data, the Promoter cannot process your entry, enter you into the promotion or notify you if you are successful in accordance with its obligations under the Terms and Conditions. If your guest(s) do not provide their personal data, then the Promoter cannot include them in the prize.
2. If you win a prize, then the Promoter will make your name and county available, as a winner, on the Promoter's website and/or to people requesting that information in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, in line with the Promoter's responsibilities under the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct & Promotional Marketing.
3. If you win a prize described in the Terms and Conditions (or you are a guest of a prize winner), then the Promoter may ask you to sign a promotional release so that the Promoter may use your name, county and photographs or other recordings of you and your guests in connection with the prize in the Promoter's publicity concerning the promotion and its products, including on (or in) the Promoter's social media pages, websites, press releases and advertising.
4. If you are not successful in winning a prize, the Promoter will delete your personal data promptly after the prizes have been awarded and distributed. If you are successful (or you are a guest of a prize winner), then the Promoter will not keep your personal data for any longer than it needs to, either to comply with the law or to fulfil its obligations to you and other third parties.
5. The Promoter will not disclose or share your personal data (or, if you are a winner, the personal the data of your guest(s)) with any third party other than those who are engaged by the Promoter to administer the competition and fulfil the prizes. Your personal data (and, if you are a winner, the personal data of your guest(s)) may be sent to countries outside of the European Economic Area where the Promoter's (or its third parties') processing equipment is located in another country or where fulfilment of the prize happens in another country but the Promoter will ensure that any transfer happens in accordance with applicable law.
Entrants (and winners' guests) have various rights with regard to their personal data which the Promoter holds about them
a. A right to request a copy of that data;
b. A right to require that the Promoter erases your data (but note that this will automatically remove your entry from the promotion and, if you are a winner or a guest of a winner, will mean that you cannot receive or take up the prize);
c. A right to amend your data; and
d. The right to ask us to port (transfer) your data directly to you or another organisation.
6. To exercise any of these rights, please write to the [email protected]. You will need to make your request in writing, specifying the action that you want the Promoter to take and enclose proof of your identity.
7. If you believe that the Promoter is not treating your personal data in accordance with the law, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. You can find more details at their website https://ico.org.uk/.
Terms and Conditions
- This promotion is open to all persons aged 18 or over and resident in the United Kingdom, (excluding Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands and Scotland), other than employees, and their immediate families, of Carlsberg UK Limited, their associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
How to Enter
- To enter the promotion you must be one of the first 176 people at each Outlet (defined below) to purchase a pint or half pint of Carlsberg Danish Pilsner at a participating Punch, Admiral, Liberation Group or Shepherd Neame outlet (each an Outlet) on the date of the promotion at such Outlet. Outlets participating in the promotion will carry promotional materials, share details of the promotion via social media and are listed below:
- Inkerman, IP1 4BX
- The Smoking Dog, SN16 9AT
- British Flag, CO12 3DD
- The Rodney Stoke Inn, BS27 3XB
- The Hatchet, BS1 5NA
- Cherry Tree, CO7 0JF
- Frog & Fiddle, GL50 3HW
- Prince of Wales, CT6 5HE
- Skinners, CO12 3DD
- Star & Garter, WR9 8EJ
- Running Horse, NR21 8SX
- Cirque Port Arms, TN31 7AN
- Suffolk Punch, CB9 8JJ
- Silver Oyster, CO2 8LY
- The Wheatsheaf, CM1 1NT
- Falcon, IP11 9DS
- Frog & Fiddle, GL50 3HW
- Canterbury Bell, CT10 2QD
- Seaview Inn, TR11 3EP
- The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of this promotion. In the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
- The promotion is open at each Outlet for one night only as advertised via the relevant social media posts and in-outlet advertising. The promotion ends at the closing time of the relevant Outlet (each a “Closing Date”). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted or not received by the Closing Date for any reason.
- One entry per person. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
7. The following prizes are available to win at each Outlet:
a. One of up to 88 pints of Carlsberg Danish Pilsner;
b. Entry into a nationwide prize draw to win one of 8x pairs of tickets to an O2 Academy event selected from a shortlist (O2 Prize Draw); and
c. Entry into a nationwide prize draw to win 1x pair of tickets to a Live Nation event selected from a short list (Live Nation Prize Draw)
the prizes at 7b and 7c together being the “Tickets”.
- The Promoter will provide winners of Tickets with a list of available events at the respective venues. Winners will be required to select their three preferred events and the Promoter shall endeavor to provide Tickets for one of the specified events. Ticket choices are not guaranteed. The winner must choose an event and attend prior to 31 September 2020.
- Use of the Tickets is subject to the terms and conditions on the Tickets and the regulations in force at the applicable venue. The Tickets may not be resold under any circumstances.
- Unless otherwise stated, any expenses incurred by a winner and their guest with regard to travel, and in the general use and/or enjoyment of Tickets is the sole responsibility of the winner and guest.
- Any further prize details will be confirmed when the winner is contacted.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of at least equal value if circumstances make this necessary.
- If a prize is declined, or a winner cannot take up a prize or does not claim the prize within two weeks of being contacted, the prize will be forfeited and a replacement winner may be drawn at the Promoter’s sole discretion. The Promoter will not be responsible for any inability of a winner to take up the specified prize.
- Each prize is non-transferable and no cash or other alternative will be offered.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for cancellation, curtailment or alteration of the event to which the Tickets relate, or transport to or from it, for any reason.
Selection of Winners
16. Upon purchase of a pint or half pint of Carlsberg Danish Pilsner at the relevant Outlet, you will be provided with a promotional token (Token). The Token shall allow you to participate in the promotional token game (Game) at the Outlet. Where the Token lands in the Game will indicate which prize, if any, you have won.
17. The winners of the free pints of Carlsberg Danish Pilsner will be the first of up to 88 individuals whose Token lands on the applicable section of the Game. Winners will be provided with a voucher (Voucher) entitling them to a free pint of Carlsberg Danish Pilsner from the Outlet in which the entrant played the Game.
18. Only original Vouchers will be accepted – damaged, defaced, altered or photocopied Vouchers will be invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for Vouchers that are lost.
19. Entrants whose Token lands on the section of the Game relating to the Tickets at each participating Outlet will be asked to provide their details to be entered into a nationwide O2 Prize Draw and nationwide Live Nation Prize Draw to determine the winner of the Tickets from all eligible entries. The winners of the Tickets will be drawn at random from all eligible entries to the O2 Prize Draw and Live Nation Prize Draw by an independent person after the Closing Date and will be contacted by Friday 06 December 2019 using the details provided to enter the promotion.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook or any other social media platform and by entering this promotion you hereby release Instagram, Facebook or such similar medium from any liability in respect of this promotion.
- You must not re-post, forward or otherwise share social media messages or posts relating to this promotion with any of your contacts who are under the legal drinking age in the intended recipient’s country of residence.
- If you win a prize (or you are a guest of a prize winner), then the Promoter may ask you to sign a promotional release so that the Promoter may use your name, county and photographs or other recordings of you and your guests in connection with the prize in the Promoter's publicity concerning the promotion and its products, including on (or in) the Promoter's social media pages, websites, press releases and advertising.
- The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and / or revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and, by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to the amended terms.
- The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these terms and conditions or if it has any reason to believe that efforts have been made to distort the competitive process or spirit of the promotion. The Promoter’s decision as to any aspect of this promotion is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Carlsberg UK Limited, 140 Bridge Street, Northampton NN1 1PZ
Please drink responsibly.