Staycation Giveaway St Austell Terms & Conditions
This promotion is operated and administered on behalf of Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited (the "Promoter") by The Corner Communications (London) Limited (company number 07904124), whose registered office address is 1 Richmond Mews, London, W1D 3DA ("The Corner"). The prize is arranged, fulfilled and delivered by XSEM Limited (company number 04654429) whose registered office is at Leigh House, St. Pauls Street, Leeds, LS1 2JT (XSEM) on behalf of the Promoter.
How The Corner and XSEM will use your personal data:
- The personal data that you provide in connection with this promotion will be used by The Corner only for the purpose of administering the promotion, verifying eligibility and selecting and contacting the winners in accordance with the terms and conditions relating to the promotion below (“Terms and Conditions”). The Terms and Conditions are the legal basis for The Corner’s processing. If you do not provide your personal data, The Corner cannot process your entry, enter you into the promotion or notify you if you win a prize.
- If you win a prize, The Corner will share the personal data that you provided in connection with this promotion with XSEM (the prize fulfilment agency). The Corner will not disclose or share your personal data with any third party other than XSEM and those who are engaged by The Corner to administer the promotion. XSEM will not disclose or share your personal data (or the personal data of your guest) with any third party other than those who are engaged by XSEM to fulfil and deliver the prize and/or in connection with the publication of winners’ details. Your personal data (and, if you are a winner, the personal data of your guest) may need to be sent to countries outside of the UK in order to conduct aspects of the promotion (e.g. where fulfilment of the prize happens in another country). Where this occurs, The Corner and XSEMwill each ensure that any transfer happens in accordance with applicable law.
- If you win a prize, XSEM will:
- The Corner will delete your personal data promptly after the prize has been awarded and distributed. If you are successful in winning a prize (or you are a guest of winner), then XSEM will not keep your personal data for any longer than it needs to, either to comply with the law or to fulfil its obligations to you and other third parties. To find out more, you can contact The Corner and/or XSEM using the contact details set out at paragraph 5 below.
- In accordance with the applicable data protection laws and regulations, The Corner and XSEM each remind you, and your guest, that at any time you, and / or your guest, may exercise your/their rights of access, rectification, deletion, limitation of treatment, opposition to treatment, including a right to require that The Corner and / or XSEM erase the personal data (but note that this will automatically remove your entry from the promotion (in the case of The Corner) and, if you are a winner or a guest of a winner (in the case of XSEM), will mean that you/they cannot receive or take up the prize), a right to amend your data and the right to ask to port (transfer) your data directly to another organisation by writing to (in the case of The Corner) [email protected] or (in the case of XSEM) to [email protected]
- If you believe that The Corner and/or XSEM is not treating your personal data in accordance with the law, you have the right to file a complaint with the Information Commission’s Officer (ICO) or other competent authority. You can find more details about the ICO at their website https://ico.org.uk/.
How the Promoter will use your personal data
9. Any personal data posted on, or held by, the @CarlsbergUK Instagram page will be
processed by the Promoter in accordance with its Privacy Notification (in particular, see the
section entitled “Visitors of our social media sites”) and used only for the purposes set out in
that Privacy Notification.
receive any personal data in connection with this promotion.
Terms and Conditions
- This promotion is open to all persons aged 25 or over and resident in England and Wales, other than employees, and their immediate families, of Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited, The Corner and XSEM, their associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
How to Enter
- You will require internet access, an email account and a Instagram account to enter the promotion. You must allow social media messages from third parties on that Instagram account in order for The Corner to contact you should you be a winner.
- A purchase is necessary to enter the promotion.
- To enter this promotion, you must:
- purchase a draught pint of Carlsberg Danish Pilsner from a licensed St Austell premises in England and Wales;
- follow the @CarlsbergUK Instagram page;
- respond to the following post (the "Promotional Post") by sharing a photograph of your poured pint of Carlsberg Danish Pilsner in your Instagram stories and/or Instagram feed post; and
- include in your response #StAustellStaycation.
[Insert post which is to include short form T&Cs and link to long form T&Cs].
- The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of this promotion. In the event of a conflict, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
- The promotion starts at 00:01 on 3 October 2022. All entries must be received before the promotion closes at 23:59 on 30 October 2022 (Closing Date).
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted or not received by the Closing Date for any reason. Proof of sending an entry shall not be deemed to be proof receipt.
- Photographs shared and any comments made on, or in response to, the Promotional Post must not feature:
- or tag Instagram contacts who are under the legal drinking age in that contact’s country of residence;
- images of anyone under the age of 25, or images of anyone who appears to be under the age of 25;
- third party brands or trade marks;
- rude or offensive words or connotations or abusive, defamatory, profane or otherwise offensive or inappropriate language;
- the portrayal or suggestion of immoderate or irresponsible drinking;
- daring or antisocial behaviour;
- anything which may breach any legal or code requirement which the Promoter is required to comply with; or
- anything which may damage the Promoter’s reputation.
- Photographs shared and any comments made on, or in response to, the Promotional Post by entrants in order to enter the promotion in accordance with paragraph 5 above which, in the reasonable opinion and sole discretion of The Corner (on behalf of the Promoter) are deemed to contravene paragraph 9 will result in the entry to which they relate being ineligible for entry into this promotion and/or removal of the photograph / comment from the Promotional Post. The Corner (on behalf of the Promoter) has sole discretion as to whether a photograph or comment contravenes paragraph 9 and whether entrance to the promotion is accepted.
- One entry per person, per week. Entries not complying with these Terms and Conditions will be invalid.
- There is one prize package (in total) available to be won. The prize package consists of a three night ‘staycation’ in Great Britain for the winner and one guest, specifically:
- accommodation for 3 nights with the winner and their guest sharing a double or twin bedroom (or equivalent being provided);
- a travel and expenses allowance for two up to the value of £200 (Allowance) to be spent during the ‘staycation’ (see paragraph 18 regarding the payment of the Allowance);
- breakfast which may comprise either a hamper to share for the duration of the stay or a daily breakfast. The type and nature of the breakfast provided will depend on which accommodation option is selected and taken by the winner and their guest (see paragraph 13); and
- a takeaway pizza to share on one evening or an evening meal for two. The type and nature of the food / meal provided will depend on which accommodation option is selected and taken by the winner and their guest (see paragraph 13).
- XSEM will provide details of the available accommodation options (for the prize package) and further prize details when the winner is contacted. The winner must promptly confirm to XSEM their preferred accommodation choice and travel / stay dates within 14 days of being contacted. Accommodation choices are subject to booking availability and service is at the relevant manager's discretion. XSEM will inform the winner of any date restrictions / unavailability once the winner’s preferred accommodation and travel / stay dates have been provided. Note that the following dates are always excluded: all statutory and public holidays in the United Kingdom (e.g. Christmas Day). The winner understands that their first accommodation choice and travel / stay dates may not be available.
- The prize can only be redeemed during the opening hours of the winner’s ‘staycation’ accommodation of choice. Please contact the ‘staycation’ accommodation of choice or visit their website for confirmation of opening times.
- The prize will be booked by XSEM and the winner will provide all reasonable assistance to XSEM for such purposes. A valid credit or debit card may be required for security deposit purposes when checking into accommodation.
- The prize must be booked and taken by the winner and their guest on or before 31 December 2023. Please also see paragraph 27 regarding claiming the prize.
- All elements of the prize must be taken at the same time and once booked, cannot be altered or amended. No element of the prize may be resold under any circumstances.
- XSEM, on behalf of the Promoter, will transfer to a bank account nominated in writing by the winner, the amount of the Allowance (£200) prior to the date booked for travel. For the avoidance of doubt, any overspend above the Allowance shall be the sole responsibility of the winner and their guest.
- The Promoter, The Corner and / or XSEM will not be liable to pay any further sums in excess of the Allowance which have arisen as a result of any associated travel delays or cancellations.
- Unless otherwise stated, any expenses incurred by the winner and their guest with regard to travel, food and drink and in the general use and / or enjoyment of the prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner and their guest. The winner will be responsible for arranging and booking any travel required to and / or from the ‘staycation’ location.
- It is the responsibility of the winner and their guest to meet any additional costs relating to obtaining insurance cover for any pre-existing medical condition. The winner and their guest must provide their own travel insurance and supply proof of insurance to XSEM upon request. Both the winner and their guest must be legally able to travel to the location of the ‘staycation’ on the date booked for travel (including, but not limited to, meeting any Covid-19 regulations / restrictions which apply) and obtain all necessary visas and other documentation (including, but not limited to, Covid-19 documentation required), if required.
- Any further prize details will be confirmed when the winner is contacted.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of at least equal value if circumstances make this necessary.
- Each element of the prize package is non-transferable and no cash or other alternative will be offered.
Selection of Winner
- The winner will be the first entry drawn at random from all eligible entries by a computer process that produces verifiably random results after the Closing Date and will be contacted within 7 days of the Closing Date by direct message on Instagram.
- The winner must be 25 years old or over and their guest must be 18 years old or over. The winner and their guest must provide a copy of their identification to prove they are 25 and 18 years old or over (respectively) before the prize is awarded. If that identification shows that a winner is under 25 years old or if a winner does not provide valid identification within 14 days of notification that they have won, the prize will be forfeited and a replacement winner may be drawn at the Promoter’s sole discretion. If identification provided by a winner’s guest shows that such guest is under 18 years old or if a guest of a winner does not provide valid identification within 14 days of notification to the winner that they have won, the winner will be contacted and will be asked to select an alternative / replacement guest. These Terms and Conditions will apply to any alternative / replacement guest(s) selected. A failure to respond to requests in respect of guest’s identification and / or selecting an alternative / replacement guest (if applicable) or a failure of any guest to provide valid identification showing that they are 18 years old or over within the specified timeframes may result in the prize being forfeited and a replacement winner being drawn at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
- If a prize is declined or is not booked and taken before 31 December 2023, valid identification (see paragraph 26) and / or accommodation choice(s) and travel / stay dates are not provided (see paragraph 13), a winner cannot take up a prize or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification from The Corner that they have won, the prize will be forfeited and a replacement winner may be drawn at the Promoter’s sole discretion. The Promoter, The Corner and / or XSEM will not be responsible for any inability of a winner to take up the specified prize (including, but not limited to, as a result of any Covid-19 regulations / restrictions which apply).
- To obtain the name and county of the winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope to Carlsberg Team, Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited, Marston's House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4JT within three months of the Closing Date.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram and by entering this promotion you hereby release Instagram from any liability in respect of this promotion.
- You must not re-post, forward or otherwise share Instagram messages or posts relating to this promotion with any of your Instagram contacts who are under the legal drinking age in the intended recipient’s country of residence.
- The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and / or revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving prior notice and, by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to the amended terms.
- The Promoter may disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these Terms and Conditions or if it has any reason to believe that efforts have been made to distort the competitive process or spirit of the promotion. This includes any individual found to be attempting to circumvent this paragraph by tampering with the operation of the promotion, setting up multiple accounts or using multiple identities. No bulk, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted. The Promoter’s decision as to any aspect of this promotion is final.
- Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited, Marston's House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4JT.
Please drink responsibly. Bedrinkaware.co.uk.