JDW recycle promotion
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions – Recycle your waste Promotion
1. Your personal data (and, if you win a travel, experience or ticket prize for more than one person, the personal data of your guests) will be held by Carlsberg UK Limited (the "Promoter") and used only for the purpose of administering the promotion and publicising the winners in accordance with the terms and conditions relating to the promotion (“Terms and Conditions”). The Terms and Conditions are the legal basis for the Promoter's processing. If you do not provide your personal data, the Promoter cannot process your entry, enter you into the promotion or notify you if you are successful in accordance with its obligations under the Terms and Conditions. If your guest(s) do not provide their personal data, then the Promoter cannot include them in the prize.
2. If you win a prize, then the Promoter will make your name and county available, as a winner, on the Promoter's website and/or to people requesting that information in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, in line with the Promoter's responsibilities under the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct & Promotional Marketing.
3. If you win a prize described in the Terms and Conditions (or you are a guest of a prize winner), then the Promoter may ask you to sign a promotional release so that the Promoter may use your name, county and photographs or other recordings of you and your guests in connection with the prize in the Promoter's publicity concerning the promotion and its products, including on (or in) the Promoter's social media pages, websites, press releases and advertising.
4. If you are not successful in winning a prize, the Promoter will delete your personal data promptly after the prizes have been awarded and distributed. If you are successful (or you are a guest of a prize winner), then the Promoter will not keep your personal data for any longer than it needs to, either to comply with the law or to fulfil its obligations to you and other third parties.
5. The Promoter will not disclose or share your personal data (or, if you are a winner, the personal the data of your guest(s)) with any third party other than those who are engaged by the Promoter to administer the competition and fulfil the prizes. Your personal data (and, if you are a winner, the personal data of your guest(s)) may be sent to countries outside of the European Economic Area where the Promoter's (or its third parties') processing equipment is located in another country or where fulfilment of the prize happens in another country but the Promoter will ensure that any transfer happens in accordance with applicable law.
Entrants (and winners' guests) have various rights with regard to their personal data which the Promoter holds about them
a. a right to request a copy of that data;
b. a right to require that the Promoter erases your data (but note that this will automatically remove your entry from the promotion and, if you are a winner or a guest of a winner, will mean that you cannot receive or take up the prize);
c. a right to amend your data; and
d. the right to ask us to port (transfer) your data directly to you or another organisation.
To exercise any of these rights, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to make your request in writing, specifying the action that you want the Promoter to take and enclose proof of your identity.
7. If you believe that the Promoter is not treating your personal data in accordance with the law, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. You can find more details at their website https://ico.org.uk/.
Terms and Conditions
- This promotion is open to all persons aged 18 or over and resident in the United Kingdom, (excluding Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands and Scotland), other than employees, and their immediate families, of Carlsberg UK Limited, their associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
How to Enter
- To enter the promotion you must:
- bring a piece of recyclable waste to the Carlsberg and JD Wetherspoons Sustainability stand at participating University Freshers fairs, listed at https://www.carlsberg.co.uk/JDW-recycle-promotion-terms/, in order to qualify for entry to the competition, the waste which you bring must be recyclable and display the universal recycling symbol;
- eligible entrants will then be provided with a voucher (Voucher) enabling them to purchase a pint of Carlsberg Danish Pilsner for £1.99 from the participating JD Wetherspoons outlet (Outlet) named on the face of the Voucher; and
- the first 300 entrants to redeem a Voucher at Outlet will receive a promotional scratch card (Scratch Card) which entrants scratch to reveal if they have won a prize.
- The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of this promotion. In the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
- The Voucher can be redeemed between the opening date and closing date (Closing Date) specified on the Voucher. Eligible entrants must use their Voucher prior to the Closing Date.
- One entry per person. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
- The following Scratch Card prizes are available, each winner will receive one of:
- 50x opportunity to purchase a pint of Carlsberg Danish Pilsner for £1.99;
- 8x pairs of tickets to an O2 Academy event selected from a shortlist; or
- 1x pair of tickets to a Live Nation event selected from a shortlist.
the prizes at 8b and 8c together being (the “Tickets”).
- Winners of discounted pints of Carlsberg Danish Pilsner can redeem their Scratch Card at the participating Outlet. Scratch Card must be retained by the winner as proof of prize and exchanged for discounted pint before 31 October 2019.
- Winners of Tickets must retain their Scratch Card and use the contact details provided on the Scratch Card to contact the Promoter in order to claim their prize in accordance with paragraph 10 below.
- Upon receipt of evidence of the relevant winning Scratch Card the Promoter will provide winners of Tickets with a list of available events at the respective venues. Winners will be required to select their three preferred events and the Promoter shall endeavor to provide Tickets for one of the specified events. Ticket choices are not guaranteed. The winner must choose an event and attend prior to 31 September 2020.
- Only original Scratch Cards and Vouchers will be accepted – damaged, defaced, altered or photocopied Scratch Cards or Vouchers will be invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for Vouchers or Scratch Cards that are lost.
- Unless otherwise stated, any expenses incurred by a winner and their guest with regard to travel and in the general use and / or enjoyment of the Tickets are the sole responsibility of that winner and guest.
- Any further prize details will be confirmed when the winner is contacted.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of at least equal value if circumstances make this necessary.
- If a prize is declined, or a winner cannot take up a prize or does not claim the prize within timescales specified above, the prize will be forfeited and a replacement winner may be drawn at the Promoter’s sole discretion. The Promoter will not be responsible for any inability of a winner to take up the specified prize.
- Each prize is non-transferable and no cash or other alternative will be offered.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for cancellation, curtailment or alteration of the event to which the Tickets relate, or transport to or from it, for any reason.
- If you win a prize (or you are a guest of a prize winner), then the Promoter may ask you to sign a promotional release so that the Promoter may use your name, county and photographs or other recordings of you and your guests in connection with the prize in the Promoter's publicity concerning the promotion and its products, including on (or in) the Promoter's social media pages, websites, press releases and advertising.
- The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and / or revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and, by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to the amended terms.
- The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these terms and conditions or if it has any reason to believe that efforts have been made to distort the competitive process or spirit of the promotion. The Promoter’s decision as to any aspect of this promotion is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Carlsberg UK Limited, 140 Bridge Street, Northampton NN1 1PZ
Please drink responsibly.
Drinkaware.co.uk for the facts.