Blue Monday 2022 Giveaway Terms
- Your personal data will be held by Carlsberg UK Limited (the "Promoter") and used only for the purpose of administering the promotion and publicising the winners in accordance with the terms and conditions relating to the promotion (“Terms and Conditions”). The Terms and Conditions are the legal basis for the Promoter's processing. If you do not provide your personal data, the Promoter cannot process your entry, enter you into the promotion or notify you if you are successful in accordance with its obligations under the Terms and Conditions.
- If you win a prize, then the Promoter will make your name and county available, as a winner, on the Promoter's website and/or to people requesting that information in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, in line with the Promoter's responsibilities under the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct & Promotional Marketing. If you do not want your name made available, please inform us using the contact details in paragraph 5.
- If you are not successful in winning a prize, the Promoter will delete your personal data promptly after the prizes have been awarded and distributed. If you are successful, then the Promoter will not keep your personal data for any longer than it needs to, either to comply with the law or to fulfil its obligations to you and other third parties. To find out more, you can contact the Promoter using the contact details set out below in paragraph 17 of the Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter will not disclose or share your personal data with any third party other than those who are engaged by the Promoter to administer the competition and fulfil the prizes. Your personal data may be sent to countries outside of the European Economic Area where the Promoter's (or its third parties') processing equipment is located in another country or where fulfilment of the prize happens in another country but the Promoter will ensure that any transfer happens in accordance with applicable law.
- Entrants and winners have various rights with regard to their personal data which the Promoter holds about them:
- a right to request a copy of that data;
- a right to require that the Promoter erases your data (but note that this will automatically remove your entry from the promotion and, if you are a winner, will mean that you cannot receive or take up the prize);
- a right to amend your data; and
- the right to ask us to port (transfer) your data directly to you or another organisation.
To exercise any of these rights, please email [email protected] You will need to make your request in writing, specifying the action that you want the Promoter to take and enclose proof of your identity.
- If you believe that the Promoter is not treating your personal data in accordance with the law, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. You can find more details at their website https://ico.org.uk/.
Terms and Conditions
- This promotion is open to all persons aged 18 or over and resident in England or Wales, other than employees, and their immediate families, of Carlsberg UK Limited, their associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
How to Enter
- You will require internet access and a Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account to enter the promotion.
- To enter using Facebook, prior to the Closing Date, you must respond to the promotional post posted on the Carlsberg UK Facebook page on 17th January 2022, by commenting on that post and including your favourite green emoji.
- To enter using Instagram, prior to the Closing Date, you must respond to the promotional post posted on the @CarlsbergUK Instagram account on 17th January 2022, by commenting on that post, including your favourite green emoji AND mention a friend (who is above the legal drinking age in their country of residence).
- To enter using Twitter, prior to the Closing Date, you must respond to the promotional tweet posted on the @CarlsbergUK Twitter page on 17th January 2022, by replying to that tweet and including your favourite green emoji.
- Each post or reply submitted in accordance with paragraphs 4(a), 4(b) or 4(c) is equal to one entry. A maximum of one entry per person will be accepted for the duration of the promotion.
- Any posts or reply received by the Promoter the content of which, in the sole opinion of the Promoter, is abusive, defamatory, profane or otherwise offensive or inappropriate is not eligible for entry into this promotion.
- The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of this promotion. In the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
- The promotion starts at 12:55pm on 17th January 2022. All entries must be received by the Promoter before the promotion closes at 11:59pm on 31st January 2022 (Closing Date). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted or not received by the Closing Date for any reason. Proof of sending shall not be deemed to be proof receipt.
- Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
- There are 10 prizes available consisting of a 4x440ml can pack of Carlsberg Danish Pilsner and a Carlsberg chalice pint glass.
- Unless otherwise stated, any expenses incurred by the winner in the general use and/or enjoyment of the prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of at least equal value if circumstances make this necessary.
- In order to claim a prize, winners must provide a valid address for delivery to the Promoter upon request. Prizes will be dispatched to winners by Royal Mail to the address provided to the Promoter within seven days of the Closing Date. At the request of the delivery service provider, the recipient must produce proof of age to confirm they are aged 18 or over before the prize will be delivered.
- The prize will be forfeited and a replacement winner may be drawn at the Promoter’s sole discretion in any of the following events:
(a) delivery of the prize is declined or cannot be completed using reasonable efforts;
(b) satisfactory proof of age is not provided to the delivery service provider upon request; or
(c) the winner otherwise cannot take up the prize or does not claim the prize within 28 days of notification from the Promoter that they have won.
The Promoter will not be responsible for any inability of a winner to take up the prize.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash or other alternative will be offered.
Selection of Winner
- The winners will be the first ten entries drawn at random from all eligible entries by a computer process that produces verifiably random results after the Closing Date. Winners will be notified within 48 hours of the Closing Date that they have won by direct message on the social media platform they used to enter the promotion.
- To obtain the name and county of the winner, please send an email to [email protected] within three months of the Closing Date.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and by entering this promotion you hereby release Facebook, Instagram and Twitter from any liability in respect of this promotion.
- You must not re-post, forward or otherwise share Instagram, Twitter or Facebook messages or posts relating to this promotion with any of your Instagram, Twitter or Facebook contacts who are under the legal drinking age in the intended recipient’s country of residence.
- The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and / or revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving prior notice and, by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to the amended terms.
- The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these terms and conditions or if it has any reason to believe that efforts have been made to distort the competitive process or spirit of the promotion. The Promoter’s decision as to any aspect of this promotion is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Carlsberg UK Limited (Co Reg No 78439), Marston’s House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton WV1 4JT
Please drink responsibly.